Monday, October 5, 2009

Old Navy Trip


I went shopping Friday at Old Navy with my $50 off $100 coupon and my two and a half year old and my 13 month old! I thought I was brave, but as I was going into the dressing room, there was a lady coming out with a preschooler and twin babies! Suddenly I don't feel too bad about having to bring my two to the store.
.
The key to my shopping trip was that even though I had this amazing coupon, I still shopped like I normally do. Well close to it. Usually I would try to buy off the clearance rack, but since I was looking for warmer clothes, there wasn't much of that on clearance. But I still didn't go buy the $25 sweater that I might have liked better, instead I stuck with the $15 sweaters. I was looking for pj's for my son, but they were $16.50! And at half off that would make them $8.25. I should be able to find pj's at around that price at Walmart or Target.
.
Spent: $64.74 Saved: $53
45% Savings
.
I went over the $100 a little bit and the extra $3 in savings I think was from buying two of something and I got a discount on them.
.
I think they kind of expect people to go a little overboard when they get these coupons. But I tried to stay close to the $100. The shirt for JRC was an extra over the $100. Not too bad though!

No comments: