Friday, January 1, 2010

What are your goals for this year?

A new year means new promises to ourselves. What I want to know... What are your financial goals for this year?

Do you want to start your plan to get out of debt?
Pay off a bill?
Start couponing?
Buy everything second hand?

What ever it is I want to know. Maybe you thought of something that I didn't and I or someone else would like to add to our lists.

Here are some of my goals for this year:
  • Although I think I've come a long way, I still want to be better at couponing. It's still pretty challenging for me.
  • I want to hit up yard sales and thrift stores more often. My goal is to find at least one or two good items a month to use as gifts for birthdays or Christmas.
  • I want to get the last credit card paid off. Hopefully I'll be able to do it when we get our tax refund and be able to put a little toward savings. I really don't know how renting out our old house will effect that.
  • Last month I thought of etching stuff and selling them on Etsy.com. So I want to get that started within the next few months and put the profits toward our savings. I want to really build up a good emergency fund before I start putting too much extra into our debt. If something happens I want to be able keep up with the bills and I don't want to go into any new debt. Which leads me to my next one...
  • No new debt! and...
  • Building up our emergency fund.
  • Get rid of our Disney Rewards Credit Card. My husband and I have decided to cash in our Disney Dollars and get the Upromise Credit card. Although my daughter really wants to go to Disney World and has been saving her pennies for a couple years now, I don't think that a trip to Disney is in our near future. Which is a little disappointing. (I'll tell you more about this detailed plan later)
  • Build up our three month supply of food. Our church encourages us to have a few months supply of food just in case. And I want to extend this to other things like hygiene stuff.

As for this blog. I hope to continue to post more things to help others and inspire others. If it's not something I would buy, I'm not going to post it. There are so many of those kinds of blogs and sites where they just post everything! I want to filter those out for you. Only post the neccessity things or if it is super cheap for the non neccesities. Make sense?

So now it's your turn. Please leave a comment as to what your financial goals are this year.

No comments: