Saturday, October 31, 2009

Re-Gift Halloween Candy?

glitter graphics
This is my plan for Halloween this year. I'm taking my kids out Trick or Treating early and when we get back, I'm going to sift through their candy, take out what we want, and then I'm flipping on my porch light and handing out the rest. I have three kids five and under so I think I can get away with this. I was telling a friend at our church's Halloween party last night and she said, "So you're going to re-gift Halloween candy?" I didn't think of it that way, but if you are already OK with re-gifting then maybe you will be OK "re-gifting" Halloween Candy too.
.
I don't know how well this will work. Last night at our church's Trunk or Treat (people decorate the trunks of their cars and pass out candy as kids go from car to car), my kids got nothing but good candy! I think we were probably the only ones that passed out the cheap stuff! My husband and I didn't want to throw anything out! Except for the candy we gave out! So we'll see how this works tonight. We might not even get back home in time to pass anything out.
.
What do you think of this idea?

2 comments:

Tina said...

I do this every year...We usually go trick-or-treating several times before Halloween night and we have tons of candy from them. But I still buy candy to give out only because I like to give out handfuls of candy. I re-gift the candy at Thanksgiving and Christmas too(for my boy's classmates). If I kept all the candy we got, my kids teeth would be rotten. LOL

Kristine said...

I think that's a good idea especially if you don't want your kids to have a lot of candy. I've heard of kids being able to donate it or trade it in for toys. I saw on the today show how some parents were giving their kids a certain amount of money for every pound of candy they gave back. That's a great suggestion, I just might use it in the future.