Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Free Money for College or to Pay off Student Loans

For those of you who don't know there is a great tool to save for college or to pay off your student loans. It's called Upromise. I signed up for it a long time ago and nothing. But I finally got my first credit! A whole 13 cents! And the funny part is it was from me sending pictures to my mom at Walmart where she works. She works in the photo lab there and it's kind of fun to send her pictures as a surprise while she's working. And the best part is she paid for the pictures, but because it was with my account, I got the credit. Fairly recently I've downloaded Upromise's Turbo Saver (which is kind of annoying me. I need to fix it, b/c it's such a great tool). It allows you to do your normal online shopping with out going through Upromise's website. When you go to a website the Turbo saver will pop up a little message saying you get "whatever" percent of purchases to go toward your Upromise account. I'm sure some one else can explain this a lot better than I'm doing right now. You can either save for your kids or you can have the money go toward your own student loans! Right now I'm doing my own. The best thing I can do for my kids right now is get out of debt! As soon as I find more detail information, I'll let you know. I was just super excited when I checked my account this morning trying to figure out how to fix my Turbo Saver. If you have a question about it let me know. Either leave a comment or email me at kouponkueen (at) gmail (dot) com.

Oh and you can also link up your store loyalty cards and credit cards to your Upromise account for instore purchases. You can even invite others to sign up under your account to help you or your children. You can even download ecoupons to your loyalty card for extra savings!

No comments: